Friday, June 17, 2011

Sids for Kids....

So I had a little impromptu photo shoot this morning with my family.... lets just say I'm so glad I had my coffee before hand....this was  to show support of a wonderful fundraiser, SIDS...if you don't know much about this day I have put some information here on my blog post about it...have a read and then enjoy the photos..they will make you smile ....

SIDS and Kids NSW provides bereavement support for individuals and families who experience the death of their baby during pregnancy, birth and infancy. This includes miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal death, sudden infant death (SIDS) and the death of a child up to 6 years of age.
Through our key services of education, awareness, training, bereavement support and advocacy, we help support many individuals and families in their time of need. SIDS and Kids NSW focus is on awareness and education through programs such as our Safe Sleeping Campaign which has significantly reduced the risk of SIDS over the last ten years.History
SIDS and Kids NSW was established in 1977 by a small group of SIDS parents who were concerned with the lack of information and support available to individuals and families who had experienced the death of their baby. “Cot Death” was originally defined in 1969 as sudden, unexpected and unexplained deaths in babies and young children. Services have expanded to include support, for all who experience the sudden and unexpected death of a young child, as well as community education and fundraising for research, support and community education in the Safe Sleeping area. In May 2001 SANDS (NSW) (Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Support) merged with SIDSnsw


Red Nose Day is SIDS and Kids biggest fundraising event of the year. It helps to raise vital funds needed to continue to support bereaved families 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I might add this will be one of the few times you will see me on my blog....Remember Red Nose Day is on Friday 24th June, so what are you waiting for go and purchase one of their merchandising  products.. I dare you!!!!

My family supports this worthy cause does yours??????




No comments:

Post a Comment